Monday, April 7, 2008

Skydiving and Alligators

Yeah - I know skydiving and alligators don't really go together, but that is what this weekends fun activities included. Dad, Mom, and Riley came down for Spring Break and we had a blast going to the Alligator Farm in the Everglades, Skydiving, and going to the Beach.
There were a ton of alligators that we saw on our airboat ride. And we got to hold a baby one too. Riley tried to eat the alligator because (say this with a Latin accent)"alligators are known to have the most succulent meat" - anybody, anybody, whats it from... Yeah - Transformers! But we decided to just wait and have some fried alligator afterwards. I don't know if it is the most succulent meat I have ever had, but it was pretty good.
The definite highlight of the weekend was skydiving. It was the coolest thing I have ever done. I would definitely say everyone needs to do it once in there life, if not more. I am hoping to do it quite a few more times.
And yes - stop rubbing your eyes... THAT'S MY MOM!!! Yup. She is now certified crazy. Jumping out of a perfectly good airplane - what was she thinking?

8 comments:

Dacia said...

Kevin had alligator in New Orleans and told the kids it tasted like chicken, they didn't quite get it:) Jumping out of a perfectly safe plane sounds like a comment from dad:) It looks incredible!!!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

GREAT Photos! Your mother's brother carries that "crazy" gene, too. He's jumped a few times...so has your cousin Gina & Nicole (that's what they got for their HS grad present). Actually, your Aunt Laura even jumped once & broke her ankle when she landed! No thank you - I'll keep my feet on the ground.

Anne W said...

I'm jealous!! I was supposed to go last summer. We got to Dallas, PA, filled out the paper work and went through the "pre-flight" training...and then it started raining. Figures, right? haha

I should come see you this summer..yes? yes? yes.

Rebecca said...

Hi Gorgeous Girl! You look like you're having so much fun! I went sky diving in Canada once. It snowed the day before. It was the coldest I've ever been. But oh so worth it!

karen garner said...

Great pictures - thanks for putting them on the blog (you knew I'd never get them sent out).
Do we look awesome or what? Thanks for the memory!!!

Amber and Zach said...

LOOK AT YOU! You are always up to an adventure! How are you chica! You we are coming to visit you all this summer... some time... you're with Thayne right?
Take care!
Love, Amber

http://amizachi.blogspot.com/

WaMa said...

Karen G.....I am impressed - don't think you will ever get me to jump out of an airplane! Hans says he might but not me.

Shantal - I love reading your blog. It's fun trying to keep up with Anne's (and my) old friends....

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

I'm going skydiving in a little less than a month and stumbled apon your blog.

Feel free to stop by and say hello.